Sunday, June 20, 2010

I just finished playing with a new Web 2.0 tool, engrade.com. This is an online grading tool that teachers, parents, and students can use to keep track of grades. As part of this assignment we were asked to create a class, for those that are not currently teaching, like myself. I created a small class of only 5 students. Each student is given an access code. This is what they can use in order to sign on to engrade and view their grades. I really like that students and parents can have the ability to view student progress before the dreaded report cards. Another feature that I like is the ability to weigh certain assignments. This link will give you a screen shot of how I broke down what the students will be graded on and the percentage of each.
http://screencast.com/t/Njk3MDE5Nz

It is difficult for me to say what features I would like to add. It seems like everything a teacher would need is provided by the site. However, given a chance to use the website for real, I may find things that could be changed.

As stated earlier, I think that this is a great tool for teachers to use. Gives great access to parents and students. I am wondering if the school or district would have to give approval before a teacher could use the site. Unless, of course, it is for the teachers use only. And no access is given to parents or students. Any thoughts on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment