Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am....

a digital immigrant. Before reading the article I was certain I was a digital native. I know my way around the internet, I know how to text, I can send an email. After reading the article I realized that has very little to do with whether you are a native or immigrant. I never thought that students of today were much different from myself, after all I can remember high school, it wasn't that long ago. But the reality is, kids are much different today. While observing for field work I notice that every single student has 1. An iPod 2. A cellphone. They are so in touch with technology. They know exactly where to go to find the information they are looking for. Unfortunatly, I'm sure a majority of these students do not frequent a library very often. When did it become ok to replace libraries with google. I don't know, maybe I am more old school than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment