Saturday, June 26, 2010

Groupboard

For my final project for Teaching with Teachnology, I was given the task of preparing a presentation about Groupboard/Kidsboard. Please feel free to visit the presentation at: http://www.slideshare.net/DenaBotsford/groupboard

Here are some additional thoughts: Groupboard is a great tool to use for distance learning or tutoring. It is free to use (if you have less than 15 members and no audio). One of the examples from my presentation was on a science foundation that uses groupboard so students can get free tutoring in math and science. Mentors from all over the country can volunteer to tutor these students. What a great way to connect people from different parts of the country AND help students with math and science skills.
As far as using this in the classroom, I am not sure how much I would use it. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to set one up and tell the students when you are going to be on. Maybe keep it the same day and time each week. Students will know that they can sign on and the teacher will be there to answer any questions or explain anything the student may have missed in class. Also, if students are involved in extracurricular activites, i.e. sports or music, sometimes they are not able to stay after school for additional help. This tool will benefit those students because they can get the help right from their house. I don't know, I guess it is something for teachers to think about.
For more information or to try it out go to: www.groupboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment